- To be eligible, an entry first must have been used as On Hold Messaging in 2012 by the entrant's client. Agency self-promotion, spec or demo productions are ineligible.
- There is no maximum length for entries.
- Each entry must be an exact copy of the actual OHM production that was used by the client. No edited versions, please.
- The entrant must have rights to use the music, sound effects, and all other audio elements in the entry.
- The copy must have been written or commissioned by the entrant.
- February 12, 2013 - Entrants can begin uploading their On Hold Messaging productions to the OHMA / MARCE Awards website here.
- March 12, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time - Entries will no longer be accepted.
- March 15, 2013 - Judging by a panel of three judges begins.
- March 29, 2013 - Judging period ends.
- May 1, 2013 - Winners announced at the OHMA Conference in Nashville.
- OHMA members may enter for $50 per entry.
- Non-OHMA members may enter for $95 per entry.
- There is no limit to how many productions you can enter.
- Fees must be paid at the time of entry on the secure OHMA / MARCE Awards website using your valid credit card number. Sorry, but no checks or other payment methods can be accepted.
- A panel of judges is comprised of three professionals from the audio, creative and/or marketing fields. Their primary source of income is not derived from the On Hold Messaging industry. They are asked to disclose any involvement with any OHM provider.
- The judges are not provided with any information on the entrants.
- The judges are to listen to each entry via the OHMA / MARCE Awards website.
- The judges are to rate all entries on a scale of 1 to 10. As a guideline:
- 10 = excellent
- 5 = good
- 1 = poor
The judges will name at least one Gold award winner and at least one Silver award winner. In the event of tie scores, the judges may choose to present multiple Gold and Silver awards or they may choose to re-evaluate the entries with tie scores and select just one winner.
Each judge may also select one Judge's Choice winner, but is not required to. Judge's Choice winners don't necessarily meet the formal judging criteria. They are / may be selected based on each judge's personal criteria of what makes an excellent On Hold Messaging production. If more than one judge selects the same entry as a Judge's Choice winner, only one award will be presented to the winning entrant. If an entry is selected as either a Gold or Silver winner, it cannot be named a Judge's Choice winner.
Each entry is to be judged on a scale of 1 to 10 in categories 1 through 4. To emphasize the importance of creativity and marketing effectiveness, the judges' scores for categories 5 and 6 will be tripled. (100 points equals a perfect score.)
- Copy - Presentation of information, calls to action, and - if any - humor or characters; plus the overall effectiveness of the script.
- Voice - Voice quality; interpretation of copy; "connection" with the audience; is the voice type appropriate for the script, the client and/or their industry?
- Production Value - Recording; mixing; music editing; creative choices; use of music, sound effects and/or special elements.
- On Hold Messaging Format - Based on the length of individual messages and the overall tone, is the production appropriate for use as On Hold Messaging, as opposed to broadcast applications or other types of audio marketing presentations?
- Overall Creativity - Is the concept original? Are the ideas well executed by the production and voiceover talent? Is it intentionally funny or does it effectively create a specific mood? Does the production "raise the bar" and change your idea of what On Hold Messaging can be?
- Effectiveness as a Marketing Tool - Does the production support the specific marketing goals as expressed by the entrant? Would the production motivate you to buy or seek more information about the company or its products? Does it support what you perceive to be the client's brand identity? Does it help to differentiate the client's company? Would callers listening to it consider it a positive customer experience?
READY TO ENTER?
- Complete the contact information form.
- Using the "Browse" button, upload your entry / entries to this website.
- Click "Submit" when finished.
- Pay your entry fee by entering your credit card information.
- Verify your entry information.
Click here to register as an Entrant
If you need assistance, please contact DeAnn at firstname.lastname@example.org